Humboldt Bay and Eel River Estuary Benthic Habitat Project
The report includes habitat descriptions and classification from two estuarine systems on California's North Coast. The Habitat Project Report provides a summary of intertidal and subtidal habitat information. Quantified benthic habitat and subtidal mapping was completed from aerial imagery acquired in June 2009 at a low tide. The results of the imagery and mapping are included in the Habitat Project Report. The Habitat Project is intended to support the Humboldt Bay Initiative, a community-based ecosystem management program.
Download the Humboldt Bay and Eel River Estuary Benthic Habitat Project Report
Download individual Map Figures from the Habitat Project Report
The Habitat Project products include:
- An EndNote library compiled for the habitat descriptions. This library is available from the California Sea Grant Extension office in Eureka, 707-443-8369.
- GIS Spatial Database Inventory (2007)
- Multi-spectral (color and infrared) aerial imagery of Humboldt Bay and the Eel River Estuary
- Complete benthic habitat classification of Humboldt Bay and the Eel River Estuary using Coastal and Marine Ecological Classification Standards
- Imagery and habitat classification available at: http://www.csc.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/
- The Humboldt Bay and Eel River Estuary Benthic Habitat Project Report
Related products include a comprehensive database listing ecological, geophysical, cultural and socio-economic datasets for Humboldt Bay. This database was developed for use in climate change adaptation planning and implementation. There are over 200 datasets with descriptions in the database. An accompanying report describes these datasets.
Spatial Data Inventory 2007
Humboldt Bay Region Sea Level Rise Data Synthesis Report: Humboldt County, California
Humboldt Bay Data Synthesis Spreadsheet